Fancy heading off on holiday this winter with granny and grandpa? A multi-generation holiday is a wonderful opportunity to spend time together as a large family and yet find time for yourself too. Grandparents love looking after the children for a few hours, and parents look forward to having some time to spend alone together. And everyone enjoys coming together, to enjoy and experience.
When parents, grandparents, and children go on holiday together, the choice of a suitable holiday region and accommodation is essential. Saalbach Hinterglemm not only offers something for everyone, but also offers plenty of it. Young children, teenagers, and parents, whether winter sports people or not. The most beautiful ski area in the Alps is not only fantastic for family skiing holidays, but Saalbach Hinterglemm also has so much to offer away from the piste.
Special times on family holidays with granny and grandpa
What could be nicer than going on holiday together as a large family? After enjoying breakfast together, grandparents can enjoy some happy time with their smallest grandchildren by going on a horse-drawn sleigh ride for example, whilst parents explore the ski area with the older kids. Then, in the late afternoon everyone comes together again in Der Schwarzacher next to the hotel for the children to enjoy a hot chocolate with whipped cream and Apfelstrudel whilst parents and grandparents enjoy a glass of wine before heading back to the hotel for the evening meal or some wellness pleasure. Parents can enjoy some time to chat and look back on the day whilst children sleep soundly in the family suites, dreaming about their exciting winter adventures.
Tips for multi-generation winter holidays in Saalbach Hinterglemm
There is no question of boredom creeping in when on winter holidays with grandparents. If you are looking for experiences away from the piste with children, we have some recommendations for you:
- A winter walk with snowman building and snow angel making enchants all snow kings and ice princesses. In Saalbach Hinterglemm there are lots of prepared paths that are also suitable to take a buggy on.
- Enjoy panoramic views as you ride in a gondola lift. It’s fun to float up the mountain in a lift and enjoy the views whether you have skis on or not. An exciting trip for kids. There are cosy huts in the mountains that are lovely places at which to stop off for some refreshment.
- For nature lovers, guided snowshoe walks are offered in winter.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through the snow-covered landscape, stopping off at a cosy mountain hut.
- A visit to the treetop walk and the Golden Gate Bridge in the head of the valley of Hinterglemm
- Tobogganing fun for all the family on the toboggan runs, some of which are lit. You can either take the leisurely option of the lift up to the top then head down to the valley on the toboggan, or walk up to the Spielberghaus before tobogganing back down. Great fun for all the family.
- Iceskating on the ice rink at the Hinterglemm sports centre
- The exclusive family experience: enjoy the mountains from above on a helicopter flight.
Staff at reception will happily advise you on the current day’s programme or give tips about trips and winter experiences to be had in Saalbach Hinterglemm. Whilst the kids have great adventures with granny and grandpa or just enjoy being spoiled by them, mum and dad can enjoy some quiet moments to themselves.
Relaxation for adults & fun for children
If you would like some time to yourself, or want to enjoy a sauna visit in our bread sauna or treat yourself to a wellness treatment in our Alpine SPA, or explore the most beautiful ski area in the Alps on one of the ski circuits, there’s nothing that could be simpler! The childcare facilities in our hotel mean that your children are taken care of in the best possible way in our KidsClub, open daily from 10:00 – 22:00 for children from 3 years so that parents, grandparents, auntie and uncle can enjoy times of wellness, nature, or simply peace.
Culinary delights for all the family
Enjoy the taste sensations of our gourmet cuisine together at a large family table or perhaps parents would prefer to enjoy a leisurely evening meal in peace whilst the children have fun with their new friends, having eaten at the supervised children’s table with children’s buffet in the Kids Club. The main thing is that everyone can enjoy their holiday, and the range we have on offer is as varied as the needs of our guests are on family holidays.
Family suites and comfortable rooms for large families
Our spacious family suites and exclusive rooms offer plenty of freedom on holiday. For those who are after really special, exclusive accommodation, the Schmiedalm, our luxury chalet in the mountains is the perfect place. Here, families are alone together and can enjoy spending a luxurious multi-generation holiday with the whole family.
However you may imagine your multi-generation holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm, you can be sure that your family holiday together will be a complete success with unforgettable experiences that will be talked about in the family long afterwards...